Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Overwhelmed

I am overwhelmed. Every once in a while the realization hits me like a semi truck that I am responsible for the physical, spiritual and emotional health, maturity and growth of my family. I am supposed to lead them like Christ would. I am supposed to be so in tune with the things of God all the time that I can judge cases immediately and wisely like the judges of Israel did. Sometimes I feel like Moses. These cases are too hard for me. I turn to God. God doesn't talk to me like He did to Moses, face to face. So what am I to do? I feel totally inadequate to assume this role. I can see why Paul said to "pray without ceasing". It's almost like you have to in order to get anywhere in this crazy Christian life. That's something that I need to learn how to do. I've never been good at juggling plates. There are broken shards all around my feet. I wish there were 38 extra hours in each day so I could actually do the things I think that I should do. But I waste enough time as it is, and if there were, I would undoubtedly just waste more. Father, give me the wisdom to lead my family and the peace that comes with the knowledge that You are ultimately in control, and that I can only do what I can do. I pray that Your grace would be sufficient for all of the rest. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I will be lifting you up to the Lord in prayer Jeremy. God has given man a tremendous responsibility when it comes to our family but He has also given us the wisdom and discernment to do the job right. Looking back over my life in raising my three sons' I can now see how God had intervened at the times my wife and I needed Him the most. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete